If you are a fan of P.F. Changs’ lettuce wraps like we are then you will seriously LOVE these. Not only are the flavors in this dish insane, but the entire recipe literally only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish! I used ground turkey in place of beef which I actually prefer better, but you could also use ground chicken. You could also throw in some chopped shiitake mushrooms for added texture and flavor, but my hubby and I aren’t the biggest fan of mushrooms so we hardly ever eat them.
- 1¼ lb. fat-free lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce (green top)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. roasted red chili paste
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for about 6 minutes or until turkey is browned. Stir to crumble.
- Combine turkey mixture, onions and chopped water chestnuts in a large bowl, stirring well, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar and roasted red chili paste and drizzle over the turkey mixture. Toss to coat completely.
- Add about ¼ cup turkey mixture to each lettuce leaf, serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 2
lettuce cups + ¼ cup turkey mixture each
Fat: 4.3 g
Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
Carbs: 7.8 g
Fiber: 0.9 g
Protein: 23.5 g
Sugars: 3.4 g
WW Points+: 4
Smart Points: 3