This gorgeous indulgent low carb Kentucky Butter Cake is going to blow your mind! It’s easily one of the best keto cake recipes I have ever made.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unflavoured whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Swerve Granular
- 5 large eggs, room temperature.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup Swerve Granular
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp Confectioner’s Swerve
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a bundt cake pan VERY well and then dust with a few tbsp of almond flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and the sweetener together until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat in the almond flour mixture and then beat in the whipping cream and water until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth the top. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until golden brown and the cake is firm to the touch. A tester inserted in the center should come out clean.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and sweetener together. Whisk until well combined. Whisk in the water and vanilla extract.
- While the cake is still warm and in the pan, poke holes all over with a skewer. Pour the glaze over and let cool completely in the pan.
- Gently loosen the sides with a knife or thin rubber spatula, then flip out onto a serving platter. Dust with powdered sweetener.
- Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh berries.
Serves 16 (this is a big, rich cake!). Each serving has 2.04g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 301kcal Total fat: 27.07g Calories from fat: 243 Cholesterol: 109mg Carbohydrate: 5.54g Total dietary fiber: 2.50g Protein: 7.34g Erythritol: 20.6g