A Light and easy chicken salad recipe that’s low carb, high protein, and gluten free! This Chicken Salad is made with greek yogurt, mustard, grapes, and fresh lemon juice. Perfect for a quick lunch!
This Light & Easy Chicken Salad Recipe is just that! This recipe makes 6 cups of chicken salad. As long as he has crackers, lettuce cups or bread at work he’s all set. And honestly, he could just eat this plain without those other “carrier” items. It’s just as good plain! I know from experience.
One of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to chicken salad is it’s loaded with wet ingredients. I feel like I’m eating straight up mayo with a little bit of chicken. It’s disgusting!
I like to add some tang to my chicken salad and take out the calories by adding greek yogurt and mustard instead of all mayo. A squeeze of fresh lemon juice can add so much to a chicken salad and makes it pop! In this Chicken Salad, you can actually taste the CHICKEN… uhhh… pretty ingenius right! It has the perfect amount of sauce versus chicken and grapes.
Bon Appetit friends!
- 2lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1½ cups halved red grapes
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup diced green onions
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- To a large bowl add shredded chicken, red grapes, pecans, and green onions.
- In a small bowl add yogurt, mayo, mustard, sage, smoked paprika, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Add the liquid mixture to the chicken dish.
- Stir everything together until it is completely combined.
- Serve on a slice of bread or in a cup of bibb lettuce.