If you’re looking for a healthy and simple snack, try these No-Bake Oatmeal Energy Bites. They taste like a yummy no-bake cookie, are fun to make, and most importantly – they are kid approved!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or substitute peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Roll out teaspoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Freeze until set about one hour.
- Enjoy and keep leftovers in a Ziploc bag in fridge or freezer.
Personalize this recipe with add-ins such as raisins, dried cranberries, pumpkin, and dried cherries. I’ve also used ground bran cereal like Fiber One instead of flaxseed. These bites make a great afternoon snack and are also handy to take along when traveling.