If you are a fan of pumpkin pie, you will find these Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes to be a perfect spin on the traditional dessert. Pumpkin pie in the form of a cupcake. All the same great flavors just without the crust. Just add on a dollop of whipped cream for a perfect individual fall dessert.
Earlier today, I shared our Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe because I was baking these yummy pumpkin cupcakes for us to enjoy for after dinner dessert. It’s fall so apple and pumpkin desserts are always a hit with my family.
These cupcakes are not “cakey” like a typical cupcake. They are not the exact texture of pumpkin pie. I say right in-between. They are “damp” like a pumpkin pie but not as damp. I am not explaining them too well. Trust me, they are over the top delish and perfect with the whipped cream on top.
These pumpkin cupcakes can be made so quickly and do not require many ingredients. I liked that there was no need to make a separate icing because whipped cream works perfect on top. The scent of fall was filling my house as soon as these guys hit the oven. Perfect for putting you in a fall sort of mood.
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice or Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease cupcake pan.
- Whisk together flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix together pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and evaporated milk in large bowl.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Fill each cup with 1/3 cup of the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and dust tops with a pumpkin pie spice.