This Thin Mint Poke Cake makes the perfect St. Patrick’s Day dessert! This cake is so addicting that you might be tempted to eat it straight out of the pan with a fork… not saying we’ve tried that or anything.
Chocolate cake smothered with sweetened condensed milk and hot fudge, then topped with a creamy mint frosting and Andes Mints.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box chocolate cake, prepared according to directions for a 9×13-inch baking dish
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (11.75 ounce) jar hot fudge sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 pkg. Andes mints, coarsely chopped
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9×13-inch baking dish and let cool completely.
- Using a fork or spoon handle, poke holes over the whole cake.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake, letting it soak into the holes.
- Heat up hot fudge in the microwave, then drizzle and spread over the top of the cake.
- To make the frosting, beat together all frosting ingredients until smooth then spread over cake.
- Sprinkle on chopped Andes Mints and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.